♥Product Sourced from Peru. We made it our mission to sourcethe best of the best – these are TOP quality Vanilla beans. We guarantee it ♥
Our Vanilla Beans and Vanilla Bean Powder is Superior Prime Grade A+. The majority of Vanilla Beans and Vanilla Bean powder that you see on the market today are vanilla bean rejects. They have been irradiated due to mold and other issues. Madagascar, Tahitan, and Bourbon Vanilla Beans are generally this lower grade. They smell and taste way different to this Superior Grade. We go directly to the growers and we see what other buyers are choosing to get. There are about 20 different grades of vanilla beans in wholesale. Here at 'The Raw Food World' we always pay more for the top grade of every single product on our website. We are offered lower prices to get lower quality grade foods all of the time, but we always turn them down. Unfortunately, as we witness going directly to the source, the majority of our competitors don't do the same. Our Vanilla Beans and Vanilla Bean Powder is this highest quality available in the world. You will see once you try it.
Raw, certified organic vanilla bean powder adds a potent, fragrant, beautiful flavor to your recipes. Not only for the delicious, delicate flavor of vanilla, it also contains nutrients like calcium, iron and fiber.
Sustainably grown without pesticides or synthetic fertilizers, then hand selected and slowly ground at low temperatures to create this incredible vanilla experience. Unlike vanilla extracts or flavorings, this raw vanilla bean powder contains no alcohol, fillers, or preservatives.
Health Benefits of Vanilla Powder
Advantages of vanilla are not only restricted to its refreshing taste and smell, but it also has numerous health benefits.
· Helps overcome nausea
· Helps in weight loss - curbs food cravings as vanillin releases serotonin
· Reduces depression, anxiety and stress
· Regulates menstruation
· Helps in healing wounds
· Potentially help prevent cancer due to its antioxidant properties
· Reduces risk of breast cancer
· Potentially helps in improving neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease by offsetting damage cause by peroxynitrate formation
· Helps Stop sickling of blood cells – a type of cell deformation that causes sickle cell anemia
· Helps prevent memory loss
· Improves body immunity
· Acts as a stimulant and helps in the secretion of male and female hormones (testosterone and estrogen)
· Helps preventing allergy related to hypersensitivity
· Helps sinus, cough and congestions
· Helps inflammation and hyperactivity of various body systems (Respiratory, circulatory, digestive, nervous and excretory system)
· Reduces inflammation caused by convulsions and fever
· It is an anti-mutagen and anti-carcinogen
· It can be used to treat stomach pain and ulcers
· Helps prevent tooth decay
· Strengthens skin against chapping and dryness
Vanilla is the only orchid flower in the world that produces an edible fruit, and it is very labor intensive to cultivate and produce large amounts of, which is why it is normally so expensive! Vanilla keeps indefinitely and actually gets better with age a lot like wine, and it does not require refrigeration!
How To Use Whole Organic Vanilla Beans
Do not refrigerate whole vanilla beans. Like wine, they will get better with age and keep for a very long time. Store at room temp or below, in dark & dry cupboard.
1. Split the bean in half with a knife or peel it open, to scrape all of the seeds out into a dessert, smoothie, or any other dish that would taste good with vanilla. Each bean contains about 60,000 seeds and one bean is usually adequate to flavor one dish. This is one of the easiest and most popular ways to use vanilla.
2. Grind the whole bean in a coffee grinder, blender, or spice grinder to make vanilla powder. Since the husk of vanilla beans are very rough and fibrous, it’s important to make sure you powder the bean fine using this method. Then use the powder to flavor things¦
3. You can also make vanilla tea by soaking whole vanilla beans in water for several days until it rehydrates and puffs up to it’s original fresh size which is fun to see, and the water turns tan. It is similar to a tea and a very cooling beverage to drink in the summer. This is the one time I would refrigerate vanilla, if I were keeping this water for a long time.
4. Make vanilla tea by grinding the whole bean into a rough powder that can be boiled and strained in a tea bag. Or scrape vanilla seeds into tea and shake it in a container to add vanilla flavor!
5. Make your own body care products, essential oils, etc. Vanilla is said to be an emotional tonic when used here!
6. You can also make an alcohol extract using an alcohol like vodka, or preferably an organic grain alcohol. It is best to use glass bottles for this rather than plastic. Alcohol extracts are usually regulated to be at least 35% alcohol, but I imagine any ratio would work. Alcohol extracts are usually made with Grade B beans.
7. If you have a strong blender such as a vitamix or a k-tec blender, you can blend half of a whole vanilla bean right into smoothies, ice creams, or desserts. Most blenders are not strong enough to grind a fibrous vanilla bean into an edible form, which is why a coffee grinder works great if you want to make use of the husk of the bean on top of the seeds.
Other interesting Vanilla Facts
· Vanilla is the only orchid in the world that produces an edible fruit!
· Vanilla is used in almost every chocolate bar recipe on the planet, and vanilla vines can actually grow on chocolate trees!
· For the Totonaca, vanilla was a sacred herb that they incorporated into all levels of their lives. As a medicine it had a number of uses.
· Although vanilla hasn’t received as much attention as many of the common popular herbs such as lavender, mint or chamomile, it has been used as medicines for hundreds of years and its popularity is growing as more evidence becomes available about its power to heal and soothe.
*As a result of changing seasons and crops, you may notice a difference or variation in the color, size, texture, taste, etc. of this product. We thank you for your kind understanding of these variances. Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome. We highly value your input, as it helps us to identify how we can better serve you in the future. Thank YOU! -The Raw Food World Team*