It is not as simple as the other review makes it out to be.
Here's how I did it:
First, I soaked 2 pounds of raw (really raw, unpasturized) almonds in RO water to cover with 1 t. himalayan salt for 24 hours. I changed the water twice, rinsing each time, but did not add additional salt.
Then, I drained and rinsed them, spread them on a jelly roll pan, and dehydrated them for 24 hours at 120F.
I plugged in my grinder, raised the wheels slightly, and turned it on. I added the almonds one handful at a time making sure they were crushed before adding the next handful. Once all the almonds were in the bin I let it run until there were no more large pieces and then lowered the wheels as far down as they would go.
If the wheels are too low when you're adding the almonds, they will jam.
When I was sure the wheels were turning smoothly I let it run for 6 hours. At this point, the butter looked exactly like the Dastony butter that is my benchmark.
Two pounds of almonds made a little less than 4 cups of butter. I think I could have made a larger batch so I will try it with 3 pounds next time.
I used the TRFW really raw almonds that were on sale last month. They are delicious when eaten out of hand but I thought the Dastony jarred (not sprouted) nut butter had a stronger almond flavor than the butter I made. I suspect Dastony uses Italian almonds which have a more pronounced flavor so I will test that, too.
It's also possible that sprouting causes the flavorful oils to leach into the soaking water, which is discarded, so I will test soaking for a shorter period of time even though the resulting butter will have more phytates.
Bottom line: I LOVE this grinder! I expect to break even cost-wise in one year and I only eat 2T of nut butter a day.