Other Lifestyle Accessories
Peace Sticks (1 pair)
♥ Inner Peace ♥ Outer Peace ♥ World Peace ♥ All Ages ♥ All Races ♥ All Cultures
In your hands you hold a gift from nature with the power to create:
Right now we are being called to live a new way rooted in right relation with all things. Our heartfelt thanks for your help in creating peace around the world.
Note: To get the longest life out of your set, play on soft surfaces and take special care of these lightweight sticks.
This Practice came to my brother and I six years ago in a sacred Old Growth Oak Forest. We feel it is the reemergence of an ancient game with the ability to reawaken our natural wild instincts and create friendship. Since then we have been listening and refining the art of making peace sticks.
About your Peace Sticks
In every step we have made choices that we believe will create Peace. These sticks are made from a bamboo like plant called Arrundo. They are lightweight, and sanded so that you can play safely at the highest levels.
Children and members of our tribe painted these sticks with their fingers and an intention of peace. In this way the sticks are carrying life energy. When each person plays we are literally connecting our hands together. Feel free to paint on these sticks with your fingers and your children’s and friend’s fingers to continue the world peace connection. **** The paint has not been sealed or lacquered. May wear off after a period of time.
Hand chosen sticks from the riverbeds of our home Ojai, CA. Arrundo is an invasive species that crowds out native Species, so by harvesting it we are creating space for the local species to thrive helping to restore the habitat.
Eco Made and Fair Trade
Our circle of friends harvests, crafts, and ships from our hometown of Ojai Valley, thus using the least possible amount of fossil fuels.
Nothing goes to waste
Our Peace Circles are Made with %100 recycled paper, and soy and vegetable based inks and wrapped in reusable hemp string.. A young kid made a necklace with the string and the circle. Be creative, make something, and pass it on as a gift of peace.
Play for the Environment
Because Arrundo is an invasive species, it is routinely sprayed with a toxic herbicide mixture, poisoning natural waterways and all the plants animals and humans that swim in and drink this water. We are partnering with Pesticide Free Ojai to stop the spraying, find new solutions such as Peace Sticks, and restore our natural environment. For more info. go to PesticideFreeOjaiValley.org.
How you can further Support World Peace
1) Share the practice of Peace Sticks and connect humanity in a web of friendship.
2) Donate to our Indiegogo fund raising campaign “Peace Sticks 2012” world Documentary at http://igg.me/p/55720 and on our website PeaceSticks.com.
3) Join us for workshops, teachers training courses, and our world tour.
4) Invite us for a peace sticks teaching.
How to Play in 7 steps.
1. Find a nice soft place to play. Bare feet is best.
2. Stand face to face and palms to palms with the Peace Sticks in between your hands. Look into each other’s eyes and take 3 breaths in unity. Then each person takes a stick in the left hand. Say “Inner Peace” as you take 1 step back, “Outer Peace,” on the 2nd step back and “World Peace” on the 3rd step back.
3. Look at each other’s hearts and on the exhale throw simultaneously.
4. Use your whole body to move fluidly with the sticks and create a rhythm. Moving your feet is essential to staying fluid, and as you play feel free to move in any direction.
5. Make each throw so that it helps your partner as much as possible.
4. As soon as you catch a stick throw it back immediately. This helps the rhythm.
5. When a stick falls, stay relaxed, let it stay on the ground and keep your focus to catch the next stick. Throw back the one you caught, pick up the stick on the ground and throw it back in the same rhythm. This allows the game to flow continuously.
6. If you have two sticks at once throw them both.
7. You can play at any distance and with more than 2 people.
* Help spread peace by playing with new people. Be open to a completely unique experience with each person. For more teaching tips and peace stick films visit our website PeaceSticks.com One Love Aho
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.