Of all foods out there, breast milk is the one we know for sure is meant for humans. And yet...
"Who knew that one of the most natural,
healthy behaviors could raise so many questions?"
The Milky Way: The Ultimate Guide to Breastfeeding on the Raw Food Diet!
Dear Health-Seeking Heroine,
Some may argue about whether or not meat or dairy or certain fruits and vegetables are appropriate for human consumption. But the one food no one can deny is intended for humans is good ol' breastmilk. And yet, many women and families starting off a pregnancy have countless questions about how to do it right.
The Milky Way: The Ultimate Guide to Breastfeeding on a Raw Food Diet
is designed to answer those questions and make sure you and your babe feel healthy, strong and confident with your diet and lifestyle choices.
Choline, vitamin D, essential fatty acids, probiotics, vitamin K2, B12, iron, and protein are the most important nutrients for breastfeeding! Do you know where to get them? In what quantities?
There are a lot of questions on the minds of a lot of health-seeking mamas, and in this book, we answer these questions and a whole lot more! Here's just some of what Joanna Steven addresses in this book:
Key nutrients and supplements for nourishing breastmilk:
- What are the key nutrients and supplements required for healthy breastmilk?
- Do you know how to find those nutrients in their most absorbably format?
- How many supplements should you take and where do you get them?
- Can you get enough nutrition on a raw food diet for both you and your breastfeeding baby?
- What about calories? Are you getting enough?
In this eBook, you will get all the information you need to develop your own tailored supplement regimen depending on your diet, and all the latest cuting edge information to keep your breastmilk full of nutrition. If a nutrient isn't in your body, it's not in your breastmilk!
In The Milky Way " The Ultimate Guide to Breastfeeding on a Raw Food Diet, we get down to the details to make sure your diet is well rounded and nourishing " for your and your baby's health.
Detox and breastfeeding:
- Can you switch to a raw food diet before breastfeeding?
- What about if you're already breastfeeding?
- Which foods which can clean breastmilk and draw out toxins safely?
Find out how to switch to a raw food diet to benefit you and your baby, rather than potentially causing issues with dietary changes. Learn which foods are beneficial to cleanse your breastmilk and your body without transfering toxins to your nursling.
- How to keep an abundant milk supply naturally.
- Can certain foods lower milk supply?
Find out how to never run low on breastmilk by incorporating foods into your diet that will increase breastmilk production safely. And, enjoy trying the many recipes that are especially designed to keep your breastmilk supply abundant and nourishing!
Maintaining a healthy weight while breastfeeding:
Find out the many reasons behind cooked food cravings, and what you can do about them.
Breastfeeding can sometimes lead to drastic weight loss. Learn how to stay healthy and nourished while still feeding your baby as often as he needs it!
In the Milky Way " The Ultimate Guide to Breastfeeding on a Raw Food Diet, you will be given targeted advice and delicious recipes so both you and your baby are happy, thriving, and at a healthy weight.
Extended breastfeeding and introducing solids:
Breastfeeding has caused many myths to become implanted in our collective consciousness. In this section of the book, we'll totally bust these myths and answer some of the following questions:
- How do you know when to introduce solids?
- Is introducing solids on a certain fixed date always necessary?
- What about iron deficiencies?
- Is rice cereal really the best choice to nourish babies?
- Can you prevent them without resorting to supplementation?
- Do solids help a child sleep through the night?
In this e-book, we tackle many deeply engrained beliefs about healthy nutrition using solid science!
Stories from real women who overcame obstacles to breastfeed.
Breastfeeding isn't always easy " Read real stories from real women to keep you inspired!
Read real stories from women who breastfed through surgery, depression, and more.
Babies and sleep, and night time parenting:
- Does your baby wake up multiple times at night?
- Are naps always under an hour?
- Learn from a real mom who survived the first year, and what helped her the most!
- How can you care for yourself while caring for a baby full time?
- Can you really take care of yourself when your hands are full, literally and figuratively?
Yes, and you don't need to go through the steep learning curve of first time mothers by incorporating our tricks into your daily routine!
Raising a child during the first year:
- How does one get anything done?
- If people offer to help, what do you ask for?
- How can non-raw friends help you stay raw during this busy time?
- Babies and sleep, and night time parenting " How to make the best of every situation!
- How can you care for yourself while caring for a baby full time?
If people offer to help, what do you ask for? Yes, you can have people help you, even if you don't want to leave your baby's side. We teach you how to do it so it's easy on everyone.
How can non-raw friends help you stay raw during this busy time? Yes, even non-raw friends with no knowledge of the raw food diet can help you stay raw, thanks to our many, valuable tips.
Who Would Have Thought That the Most Natural
Event Would Raise So Many Questions for Expecting Mothers?
Well Rounded: The Ultimate Guide to a Healthy Raw Food Pregnancy!
When Life is growing within you, naturally you want to do everything you can to ensure your baby will be as healthy as possible.
It makes sense to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, but a raw food pregnancy?! Is it possible?
- How can you be sure you'll get everything you need?
- What the heck do you need for a healthy raw vegan or vegetarian anyway, anyway?
- What deficiencies should you watch out for?
- What if you don't live in a sunny area?
- What supplements should you take? Which should you avoid?
- What are the risks of a raw pregnancy? What are the benefits?
Joanna Steven's new book, "Well-Rounded: The Ultimate Guide to a Healthy Raw Food Pregnancy" aims to answer all these questions, and more. It fills in the gaps in the raw food movement, so you can read a single book to get your answers without having to read a skimpy section on raw vegan/vegetarian pregnancy in ten different books about raw food!
Note: this book is aimed at both raw vegans and raw vegetarians, with recommendations for both. It does not focus on meat-based raw pregnancies.
Here's What's Included in This Comprehensive E-Book for Health-Seeking Moms:
What about supplementation?
Vitamin D, B12 and more " Joanna Steven looks at the great superfoods and supplements we can add to our diets to make sure we have a balanced diet and firing on all cylinders.
Chapter 1: Pregnancy Vitamins
An in depth look at what vitamins are needed by the body during prengnancy and what foods are great to eat to make sure you get enough of these pregnancy-critical vitamins.
Chapter 2: Pregnancy minerals
An in depth look at what minerals are needed by the body during prengnancy and what foods are great to eat to ensure you're getting the minerals you need.
Chapter 3: Protein, Fats and other nutrients
How and where to get your required fats and proteins as well as creating your own probiotic rich foods and nut cheeses to keep mom and baby stay happy and healthy.
Chapter 4: Common pregnancy pitfalls
How to handle all the changes that can happen when pregnant and give your bodies what they need in order to remain healthy, energetic and morning sickness free.
Chapter 5: Fertility and Pregnancy Herbs
Which plants support your pregnancy or help make it happen and which should be avoided. The power of plants can have a huge impact on your healthy pregnancy, and this chapter tells you how.
Chapter 6: Nurturing your Body as it Changes
From skin care to exercise and relaxation, these nuggets of inspiration will help you love your body and help you "get the glow" inside and out!
Chapter 7: Preparing for the Birth
Things to consider including, doulas, birth plans, homebirths, ultrasounds and midwives.
Chapter 8: Pre-birth Organization and Housekeeping
How to help yourself ahead of time by stocking the freezer, having wonderful superfoods at hand, and tips on how to save time and energy.